Shit You Should Know

Friday, March 4, 2011

Fantastic Friday Five #6

It’s Friday again and that means it’s time for another Fantastic Friday Five. The post that contains random whatnots that don’t merit their own individual posts. I’ll just get right to it.

1.) I went the dentist and she bestowed the gift of painkillers on me. Technically, it wasn’t a gift. I TOTALLY earned that shit. I just hope my words make sense to other people besides just me.

2.) My husband will be here on Sunday!!! I am beyond anxious. He is actually leaving there tomorrow and flying into Dubai. He has to stay a night there and then he heads here. It is still a complete surprise for the kids and I am still planning on doing the scavenger hunt with them.

3.) I have a shoe addiction. I may need an intervention. These are my recent purchases. At least, I have stellar taste, right?

   

   

4.) I am completely frustrated that I am unable to find any updated news on Lancey Ray, the man that beat my son’s friend Malik to death back in December. His preliminary hearing was supposed to be Wednesday. I figured the media would have had something to say but there has been nothing. My son asked about it yesterday. More on this particular topic soon.

5.) The kids and I made a book run at Goodwill. The boy ended up finding the first three books to the series, 39 Clues, and the girl child managed to find a few Babysitter’s Club Little Sister books. As for me, I let me fingers do the walking and was lucky enough to find a copy of The Exorcist. I can’t wait to be engulfed in that book.

Well, that about sums it up. I’ve tried to keep it short this week. My brain is all over the place with the return of my honey approaching quickly.
One quick Girl Scout update: My daughter has sold 512 boxes so far. She is closing in on her goal of 600. Sales go on until the 24th so I am confident she will reach it especially since she has two Wal-Mart cookie booths scheduled. Whooty-whoot!

‘Til next time…

8 comments:

  1. Posted at 1 AM. That doesn't even count as Friday. The day doesn't start until you wake up in the morning. And by you, I mean me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look! I'm forcing the days to go by quickly so I can make it to Sunday evening. Don't judge me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do whatever you need to do to make the time go by faster! Yay for your husband's return!

    My favorite pairs of your new shoes are numbers two, three, and six.

    I've only got until the 24th to stock up on cookies? Alright, I've gotta hunt down some girl scouts. I need some thin mints! And peanut butter things...Look, I have a cookie addiction.

    Somebody beat a child to death? What???

    No. Really, I am too horrified by that to know what else to say. Who on earth beats children to death? That's even worse than kicking dogs for no reason. BEAT him to death?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the dentist/pain-killer combo a few months ago. I don't remember what the pills were called but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

    I imagine The Exorcist book is much, much different than the movie. I get the feeling that they took a lot of liberties with the adaptation of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...your shoe taste...on average, is ok. With that said...I'd have to beat you to a bloody pulp with the heel on the plaid ones if you tried to take the last pair. I'd do it with all the love and respect that I possess for you, but I would do it enthusiastically nonetheless. Just hope we don't wear the same shoe size...I'd hate to have to explain to the cops why I turned my friend into some sponge looking thing as the cops hauled me off to the big house =)

    Woo! Happy dance is gearing up! =) The official countdown to the horizontal tango is ON! (and yes, it's on like Donkey Kong! =-p )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that 3rd pair of shoes - the gray plaid. Hot hot hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Chanel Hit up your local Wal-mart this weekend. I can almost guarentee that there will be little girls peddling cookies out there probably Saturday and Sunday between 10ish - 5ish. Hope you feed your addiction.
    @Bryan Once I get into the book, I'll let you know. I'm sure it's way different too.
    @Jewell I'm very afraid right now. VERY! lol
    @Debbie I'm so ready to rock the hell out of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need the dentist pain killers combo!!!! Instead I am doing saki bombs for now at the local sushi joint.

    Digging the shoes...One are definitely hot...three are my favorite!

    Come on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

We have all got opinions. What are yours?