Shit You Should Know

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Butterflies in My Stomach

I have a feeling sleep will not be an option tonight. I am so anxious! The butterflies in my stomach have butterflies. Around 6 this evening I got a text from my husband letting me know that he was waiting to leave Dubai to head to London. His flight in Dubai was delayed but he said he should still make the connecting flight in London to Dallas. I REALLY hope so!! Once he gets to Dallas, he will have just one more connecting flight to get him home to me.


The scavenger hunt is still a go. I’m going to try to video tape it because family and friends want to see the kids’ faces when they see their dad. I will have to see if the camera holds a charge long enough for me to accomplish that. I can always use my phone as back up for pictures and video. I’m just not sure how well all that works…or HOW it works for that matter. I’m still learning.

Unfortunately, I need to go camera shopping. I brought the camera into the battery store to have the battery checked because it didn’t seem to be holding a charge. Of course, the battery needed to be replaced but also found out that the actual port where you plug in the charger is loose and that is also causing the camera not to charge properly. The new battery would run me $40 and the external charger (where you actually place the battery itself inside to charge) would also cost $40. I ended up passing on that because I can get a brand new camera for a couple hundred. It would be stupid to put out $80 for a camera that is over five years old.
Since I’m wired anyway, I am browsing my blog stats. Some of the things people search for on the internet can be disturbing. What’s more disturbing are the things that occasionally lead them here. This particular post has gotten my blog so many hits with people out there in cyberspace searching things like “big ass butt plug” and “red butt plug sex toy”. Someone out there has even searched for “words containing ‘-tastic’”. Apparently, people out there are also very interested in meth and that leads them here as well. I assume it was this post that lures them in.

Also, the universe hates a lot of people because many folks are searching for “the universe hates me” and since the universe hates me most of all, they find themselves here.  My contribution to Time Travel Month also came up in the search results for some.  I'm sure it's because I used the line "This is heavy, Doc." as my title.  “Streaming dad and daughter love” got someone here. I’m not sure WHY or what post reeled them in but I’m sure I don’t want to know what they were really looking for but I can assume they were disappointed.

The topic that seems to bring people here the most lately is this post. People want to know about Lancey Ray’s trial. I know I do. I have searched for information myself and have seen my blog show up in the search results. I’m ready for that man to be buried under the jail.
He’s a monster and his wife should be sentenced right along with him for not only not protecting her child but also participating in the beatings that eventually got so out of hand they took the life of a young boy who my son describes as funny and smart.

I guess I can also share this with anyone who finds themselves here because they are searching for information about Lancey Ray. In my latest search I did find that Lancey Ray is actually the adult son of a school superintendent in Social Circle, Georgia. You can read the article here. I will keep updating as I find more.

One last thing before I go...my daughter has sold 575 boxes of cookies. Just 25 more until she reaches her goal.

Now I am going to end it here. As I said before, don’t be surprised if you don’t hear from me for a while. My honey will be home and I plan on being VERY busy.

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you all day, and hoping he gets home without too much trouble! =) I've even busted out in mini happy dances through out the day. I imagine I'll have a shit eating grin on my face for you all day tomorrow too! =)

    I absolutely can't wait to see pics or video...I don't know how you've managed to keep the secret this long. I don't think that I could do it....well, I know that I couldn't! =)

    There's a special side note at the start of Monday's post for you and hubby! So, if you guys get a chance to come up for air anytime after 4pm CST you can see it... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and your kids! They're going to be so surprised! There will be tears of the joyous kind. I can tell. The pictures and video will be highly anticipated, but no pressure since I know exactly what you will be doing with all of your spare time while he's home...

    And your daughter will likely surpass her goal by two hundred boxes if she keeps going at it like this until the 24th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed that no more flight delays occur!! At least they don't count it against his leave time, so that's a good thing.
    I was so nervous when RH came home for leave in 2005 that I got physically ill, but it totally went away the moment I saw him so it didn't interfere with any of that 'leave lovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People get to my blog all the time looking for "wild animal sex", "animal sex in Spain", "animal sex with a girl", and just yesterday, someone turned up looking for "animal hoof catalog", so I'm guessing they have some sort of hoof fetish. People are amazingly weird...

    Well, hope your hubby gets home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...First off great job on the cookies! That is a lot of cookie pushing...it was that sweet not afraid to be me face in the pictures that worked her cookie magic.

    As for how people find your blog, that is so interesting. I have never looked at that stuff before. It seems insane how you are linked to these stories and odd things...lol

    And I am assuming your husband is in the military? Not sure but hope he made it home safely! keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    Thanks for the good laugh!

    ReplyDelete

We have all got opinions. What are yours?