Shit You Should Know

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gracing The Internet With My Presence

I haven't blogged in a few days for many reasons.  The obvious one being that my family and I are trying to square many things away before my husband leaves for his work excursion...aka deployment.  There are so many things to do and, as it happens, I'm the family's appointed "executive assistant".  "Secretary" sounds so outdated and the terms "executive assistant" just sounds so much more important, like I run this shit (which I do, duh!).  I'm scheduling physicals and setting up meetings to take care of all the power of attorney business.  So now, I've got the power!  Thanks Snap for bestowing that 90s gem on us.


Tonight is open house at the kids school so we get to take the kids to meet their new teacher(s).  We'll be dragging my son against his will, of course.  My daughter is still young enough that she will gleefully skip to school humming the Smurf's theme song.  La la lala la la la lala la la....  Actually, kids these days have no freaking clue who the Smurf's are.  I'm just saying...



Tomorrow is the glorious day I've been waiting all summer long for...THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.  Choirs of angels surrounded by golden light have come down from their spaceships to sing beautiful hymns.



Sunday is my birthday.  Some say I'm turning twenty-ten.  Other say it's the first anniversary of my 29th birthday.  I say I'm just getting freaking old and one day I'll die...just like everyone else on this glowing ball.  My children still, no matter the valid arguements I produce, continue to think I'm ancient.  My son recently asked if I had electricity when I was kid.  I told him I didn't.  I also told him my best friends in school were Cleopatra and Joan of Arc.  Hell, if I'm going to be old, I may as well have been a cool and popular kid, dammit!


In other news, a beer would be highly regarded right about now...END!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have all got opinions. What are yours?