Shit You Should Know

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ice Cream, Used Clothes, & Migraines...OH MY!

Today I took my daughter to an ice cream social to re-register her for another year of Girl Scouts.  Before leaving, we invited the guys to come with us to enjoy the creamy delights which they declined because Call of Duty is much more important.
Anyway, this year she is a Brownie and she is super stoked!  I mean, c'mon, FREE ice cream BEFORE dinner.  Who could resist that??? 

So, I asked her if she wanted a vest like her Daisy vest from last year or if she would prefer a sash.  She looked at me quizzically and asked what the heck was a sash.  First thing that comes to mind to describe one to a seven year old was to say it's like the piece of material that Ms. America wears.  Almost before I could finish, she was like, "Oh yeah, Mom, I want THAT!" 

There is a pint size diva hidden in my daughter and I don't know if I like it sometimes.

Afterwards, we made a stop at Goodwill.  I swear, you would have thought I took the child to Sax Fifth Avenue the way she browsed the clothes informing me how "fabulous" everything was. 

As I looked over the racks of used treasures, my daughter would pull shirts off the hangers and thrust them forward just to inform that "THIS shirt, mom, is sparkly and that is just awesome!"

She had a hard time deciding what to get.  She wanted EVERYTHING!  She wanted shoes.  She wanted skirts.  She wanted...she wanted...good thing we were in a thrift store.

After returning to our home, my daughter paraded in with her bag of goodies.  She then preceded to rub it in my son's face that SHE had ice cream and went shopiiiiiing which, of course, led to bickering between them and all I got was this lousy migraine.  So until bedtime, I had the pleasure of hearing how unfair life is from my son over and over again ad nauseam.  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have all got opinions. What are yours?